Sigrid Vorrink, MSc, completed her studies in Human Movement Sciences, majoring in rehabilitation, at the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam in 2006. Vorrink works as a researcher within the Research Centre of Health Care on her doctoral research on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in relation to daily physical activity. She also acts as mentor for Skin Therapy students working on their research project.
1st Promoter: prof. dr. J.W. Lammers, MD, University Medical Centre Utrecht
2nd Promoter: prof. dr. H.S.M. Kort, Utrecht University of Applied Sciences
Co-promoter: dr. T. Troosters, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven2006 Masters Human Movement Sciences, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam.
- 2010 November 9-10: Poster presentation 'Maintenance of daily physical activity in persons with COPD' at the International Society of Gerontechnology (ISG) master class in Utrecht
- 2010 May 27-30: Poster presentation 'Self-reported determinants of daily physical activity in COPD patients' at the International Society of Gerontechnology (ISG) conference in Vancouver, Canada.
- 2008 - present: Member on the committee that evaluates the quality of the scientific research at Utrecht University of Applied Sciences.
- 2007: Researcher within the Research Centre of Health Care, Utrecht University of Applied Sciences.
- 2006: Volunteer at the Duyvensz-Nagel research centre at the rehabilitation centre in Amsterdam.