Drs. Rob Gertsen (1955) is a research fellow at Research Normative Professionalization since September 2012. He is doing doctoral research at Utrecht University under the name "Understanding moral authorship of novice teachers in primary education". The study aims to understand novice primary school teachers’ moral authorship by elaborating its main characteristics and to study its appearance in novice teachers’ narratives. The operationalization of the characteristics must lead to the development of a research instrument which can be employed in the professionalization of beginning teachers.
- September 2012 – present: Research fellow at HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht, Research Centre for Education, Research Group Normative Professionalization
- September 2012 – present: PhD candidate, Utrecht University , research "Understanding moral authorship of novice teachers in primary education". Supervisors: prof. dr. C. (Cok) Bakker and dr. H. (Harmen) Schaap
- November 1999 – present: Managing educator, trainer, advisor Centrum Theo Thijssen at Faculty Education, HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht.
- June 2008: Master Educational Sciences Utrecht University
- March 1990: Certificate HBO first degree specialization Pedagogy Education
- January 1984: Certificate Pedagogy Mo-A
- June 1978: Certificate of competence for providing primary education in the physical education profession
- June 1976: Certificate of competence for fully qualified teacher including the certificate Catechesis