Francois Maissan graduated from "the University of Applied Sciences Rotterdam" as a physiotherapist in 1990. He finished his specialisation as a manual therapist in 1996 at "SOMT Amersfoort". Francois has more than 16 years of working experience in the manual therapeutic field. Furthermore, he has worked in several private practices as a manual therapist. He received his Master of Science in 2006 from the University Utrecht (Health Science, Physical Therapy Science at the Faculty of Medicine). The central theme during his studies was clinimetrics. His Master thesis resulted in two Dutch publications (first author). Since 2006 Francois has been working as a lecturer in the Master of Physiotherapy for the Utrecht University of Applied Sciences. Currently Francois also works as a researcher in the CLICK study (Clinical Decision making in patients with neck pain study). December 2015 he started with his PhD-research titled 'Non-specific neck pain: To match or not to match?'
- 1990-2010 Physiotherapist in a private practice
- 1996-20102 Manual therapist in a private practice
- 2006-2008 Supervisor of practical training of physiotherapy students
- 2007-2009 Supervisor of practical training of manual therapy students
- 2006 - present lecturer Master Physical Therapy for the Utrecht University of Applied Sciences and a researcher in the CLICK study
- 2008 -present founder and owner Fysiometrics; a company for courses in clinimetrics in the field of physical therapy
- 2011-present Editor Fysiopraxis, a Dutch magazine for physical therapists
- 2015-present PhD-research titled 'Non-specific neck pain: To match or not to match?'